The RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) are the primary police agency for the RM of Elton.
Non Emergency Phone: (204) 726-7522
DURING AN EMERGENCY PLEASE DIAL 9-1-1
Fire Department Contacts
Fire Department Response Areas as of January 1st, 2020
Please remember that any controlled burn is required to be reported to the Municipality before the burn occurs with the following information:
- Date of Ignition
- Start and End time of Burn
- Legal Address
- Civic Address
- Property Owner Name & Site Supervisor
Conditions of Permit
- I understand that I am not permitted to light an open fire if wind velocity exceeds 25 km/h or if wind direction is unfavourable.
- I understand that By-law No. 1651 of the Rural Municipality of Elton states that a fire guard be placed around the area being burned and the fire must be supervised by the owner or occupier, who must be 18 years of age or older, at all times until fully extinguished.
- I understand that if the fire escapes from my property, I may be responsible for all costs incurred by the Rural Municipality of Elton in fighting the fire, and any losses arising to public or private property.
Brandon Fire Department Area
Ph: (204) 729-2400 or (204) 729-2413
All other lands not listed in CFB Shilo or Rapid City & Rivers/Daly areas below
CFB Shilo Fire Department Area
Phone: (204) 765-3845
Douglas & lands south of #1 Highway (Sections 1, 2, 3-11-17)
Rapid City Fire Department Area
Phone: (204) 826-2515 – Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30 pm
Chief Ryan English – Ph: (204) 761-5778 (after hours only)
Sections 19, 20, 29, 30, 31 & 32-12-18 & Sections 19 to 36-12-19
Rivers/Daly Fire Department Area
Fire Chief – Richard Brown 204-573-6852
Deputy Fire Chief – Jeff Worth 204-573-7840
Sections 5, 6, 7, 8, 17,18-12-18 & Sec 1 to 18-12-19